Monday, March 3, 2008

The Circle of Life

OK so it seems my life goes in strange circular patterns, like God is teaching me something, drawing me closer before I move forward.

Do you guys remember that there was this guy named Matt that I liked during MESP and then Micah told him about this, promptly causing him to avoid me for a semester? Funny story...we're now dating as of last Thursday. Other funny story, he's going home with me for spring break on Saturday. Life is weird...

In other news, my Egyptian friend here is hooking me up with the director of a school in Cairo where his Mom works and it sounds like I could work there if I wanted to. I'm trying to decide if I want to do that cause its a small school that isn't recognized by the Egyptian government, it mostly caters to missionary kids. I mean I don't really want to get tangled up with missionaries or sketchiness, and missionary kids can get kinda annoying, haha. But at the same time teaching there seems like a pretty sweet deal and I would be working with my friend's Mom, who is the arabic teacher and supposedly would teach me arabic for free (and probably take pretty good care of me).

So anyway, what do you guys think? Should I go for this more secure but also potentially more sketchy job? Or should I go for the part time English teaching, part time copy-editing idea?

Also, who is going to Cairo and when? I haven't bought my tickets yet, and now I'm thinking I might stick around in the states for the summer. Has anyone bought their's yet?

Argh I've realized I check out this blog when I'm procrastinating writing papers...which is the case right now...How does the letter A in the Scarlet Letter represent America? hmmm....

3 comments:

Mandy said...

1. I think you should pursue both options and see which one pans out. It's important to have your bases covered. If it's an established school it must not be too shady...but it's best to do your homework on the topic
2. I love you and your heart to go back...sometimes I feel very far from Cairo
3. America=Adulterous Bitch

Micah said...

ha HA!!! (said in a tone of accomplishment/discovery)
My plan worked!!!
But seriously, I didnt really tell him. He already knew... sort of...
Im glad that it has worked out.
:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Ah, love is in the air...I love springtime. vicariously through my friends, at least!

1. what's the name of the school? I've been in touch with a missionary school called Cairo Covenant...still doing my homework on it. I was curious to see if it's the same one. I'm trying to get in touch with the Naiman Ismail school you told me about, but haven't heard back from them.
2. how sure are you that you're going? I'm trying hard to get something nailed down. I imagine I'll be there by July 1st, if I do end up moving over there. Let me know your plans...I'd love to find housing together, if that's possible.

good luck with all the choices! And with bringing the boy home to the fam... : )
Alissa