Friday, July 11, 2008

an update

I'm engaged. Jon and I just set the date for Oct. 3, 2009 (possible MESP reunion?). Jon and I grew up together and started dating shortly after I came home from Egypt. He just graduated from the US Air Force Academy and is going to be based in Florida for the next couple years. I am still planning to go to Korea for the coming year, although I am having a difficult time coordinating with the school in Korea and the Korean Consulate in Chicago to get a visa. This next year will definitely be interesting.

Well, I trust all your summer adventures are going well. May God continue to bless you and open doors for you.


6 comments:

Becka said...

Mabrouk!!! This is so wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Mandy said...

oohh honey!!! Congrats!! How exciting!!! Keep us updated on Korea, visa, living in Asia and how much you miss the Middle East and people saying "welcome to Egypt!"

=) Mandy

TW said...

WHAT!!!??! Emily oh my goodness I am SO excited for you! A thousand blessings! I miss you, old roommate...

Abbie said...

Emily! Congratulations! That is really exciting - I hope I can meet this fellow someday. He is a very lucky man. Love you!

Steve said...

Congratulations, indeed. This is wonderful news.

Bryan said...

Mabrouk!!