Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Life is Weird

So I have officially decided that life is weird. I was very excited about this semester. I am writing my senior thesis on Ijtihad, taking Syriac, taking Teaching as a Second Language, and I am teaching ESL at the IRC. It was supposed to be a semester that prepared me for Cairo. In which I closed ties here in Abilene (ilhamdillilah). Then...I meet a boy. The boy and I are now dating. The interesting thing is the boy is republican...not just any republican but "a republican's republican." He likes country music republican, and strangely enough, I like him. This young man wants to some day own banks and maybe run for congress. Why I like him is strange...he's funny, cute, but I can't actually talk with him about things I like. We are very different. Now, instead of closing ties with people in Abilene, I'm making new ones. (By the way, I found out Abilene is the second or third most conservative city in the entire United States...crazy eh?).

In the mean time, I love Syriac. I sometimes like work, and applications and my senior thesis are being to haunt me in my sleep since I do not pay enough attention to them. I am excited to hear that Julianna is going back to Cairo too!!! I just hope everything works out so that those of us who wish to return can. I miss all of you terribly. I think there might be some protests on my campus for women's rights (yes, we are still fighting for those here...i am literally fighting for the ability to pray/talk/read scripture in chapel....be listened to...treated equally...etc etc). I hope we do hold one. I think it might be fun, but I am some what worried about being expelled. o well, we'll see what happens. probably nothing, because we are lazy. Miss you all!

No comments: