Sunday, January 6, 2008

Okay so I made something for you guys..but I can't get it up on the site...I'll try again in a few days. I'm getting really excited about the upcoming elections. A lot of people I know are deciding to vote for Obama!!! I mean people who have been republicans all their lives are thinking of voting for ObAMA!! That's huge!!! It's interesting to hear my family who are very proud republicans trying to reconcile that they find themselves most aligned with a democrat. This election intrigues me with the way that certain candidates are relying upon independents and even changing the party lines! So interesting. I would love to hear about what you all think about it!

I miss all of you all very much. I had all four of my wisdom teeth out on Friday, so I'm technically still recovering...aka I can't eat!!! I'm so nervous about all of ou!! Ihear of things going on in the where I know some of you all live, and I get nervous for you all. If any of you need anything please let the rest us know so we can help.

In the mean time I have exciting news!!! I get to learn Aramaic! There is a graduate class being offered at my school offering Syriac! The prof is letting me take the class! I"M SOOOOO EXCITED!!! I can't wait to get back to school that with my senior thesis and work (I'm working with the International Rescue committee as an ESL teacher) I think this will be a fun semester. However this semester is already starting a little more complex than usually...I recently went to a wedding where i meet this guy. I honestly don't know much about him, but men always seem to complicate life.

What do you all think about Bhutto? What about Kenya?! So much is happening, and i wish I would talk to all of you about it!! I miss you guys I hope you are all well!!!

5 comments:

Jonathan Pinckney said...

wow, randomest coincidence, I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday, too. Anyway, Bhutto and Kenya both sadden me greatly, but I was excited about Obama. And it looks, from polls anyway, like he'll win New Hampshire too! I'm excited...and thinking about volunteering with his campaign next semester. Mostly though, Iowa made me proud of our generation, or at least those of our generation in Iowa, for actually showing up and caucusing, and winning it for Obama. Who says young people don't vote!

Becka said...

I know...It totally made me question a little bit more Friedman's the quiet crisis! ((aka this journalist's version of children of empire) You had yours out too?! I finally broke the rules and ate pizza today!! How are you doing? Just to let you know the greatest thing in the world is this drink in which to fill half the cup with sherbert and the other with sprite (like a float but not). It makes my mouth happy...maybe it will help yours too!

Julia said...

I'm glad that Iowa made you proud...it is awesome to say that I was a part of it. Tory actually admitted to me that she wished (at least for one day) that she was also from Iowa.

Tory said...

Hehe. I will never forget when I accidentally infered that Iowa was in the middle of nowhere, implying, in some people's minds at least, that I thought that it was a silly state. If only I could have forseen this campaign. I was watching CSPAN last night and caught one of Obama's speeches, and I most guiltily admit to crying a bit. It seems to me that this is the first campaign that we've really been able to see the democratic process at work...and it's rather inspiring. I too might volunteer for Obama's campaign next semester.

Becca: I love you. I miss your honesty, wisdom, and energy. I hope that we get to see each other again soon (mumkin in Cairo?). I hope your pizza doesn't give you floating tooth (or whatever it is that solid food will give you when you have your wisdom teeth out). My dentist told me I need to have mine out before I go abroad again. Oy vey.

Becka said...

Tory Dawn. Oh my gosh. you amuse me. I miss you so much. All of you...and I confess that makes me get teary eyed sometimes.

Dont worry getting your teeth pulled aren't that bad. You need to be in one place for a week...just in case you do get like that evil dry socket thing..but you can ask jon it's not that bad...ask nike famously said just do it.

i do agree though i'm excited about this election even if obama doesn't get the democratic nomination i think he should run as an independent...b/c so many republicans will vote for him!! (they wouldn't dare vote for him in the primary cause they'd have to officially change parties at least that's what i've picked up from being around my family).

i miss you guys.