Friday, December 28, 2007

going back

So I feel like its been awhile. The last couple hours I've been writing emails to language schools in Cairo, looking for a job/jobs there. I have a lot of info, if anyone else is looking at teaching English there, let me know!

I'm going to Cairo in June, pretty much nothing short of the clear Will of God is going to stop me. I'm really excited! I have been for awhile, but its now seeming like its within view and I miss Cairo a lot! It seems like everyone I know is gonna be there or around there or maybe there too! Pretty awesome.

So I think I'm living with Becca? And anyone else who's gonna be around? My latest plan is to work part time teaching English, part time copy-editing in English, and then part time taking Arabic class, hmmm. I figure that way no one thing will own my soul or anything.

It seems like everyone's looking at cool stuff, and whoever gets to work with Father Chacour in Haifa, I am really jealous.

Also, my host brother friended me on facebook!!! haha! Facebook really is taking over the world!

Otherwise in life I'm home for Christmas break and I feel relatively content, which is a big deal! I feel like everything's been working out well in life and even the crappy things aren't phasing me that much. So I miss u all a ton and wish I got to go to this reunion in Chicago, alas I am in California. All this talk of the Faith and International Development Conference though. I'm not gonna lie, the conference was kinda lame last year (I'm sure a bunch of you agree) but I know u all want to come to Calvin!

masalaama

3 comments:

Becka said...

Hopefully you will be leaving with me!!! I'll need to be there by the very beginning of June...that is if I get to go...pray everything works out!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!! EK! Do you think Dr. Diaa will help us find a place to live?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kirstin! I am definitely hoping to head back to Egypt this summer...I'll know more in the next few weeks. What have you found out about teaching jobs? I'm definitely interested in anything you can pass along.
Take care!
Alissa

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I spelled your name wrong...it won't happen again!