Monday, December 17, 2007

a grey sky, a bitter sting

Today, I'm sitting in my kitchen, having just finished my seventh semester--look at the one semester I have left, and I have been missing you all terribly and freaking out slightly about entering the real world. But I thought I would write to my habeebs and tell them about some exciting things and some less than exciting things!

First exciting thing...I think I'm heading to Chicago the 27-30th! HORRAY! I missed out on buying an Amtrak ticket--they ALL sold out (lame), but am thinking seriously about the Greyhound--public transpo--I should live out this energy crisis I'm always freaking out about.

Second exciting thing...I have had my references send it stuff for the MESP internship--I finished my resume and now have to come up with a reason why they should take me--I should probably say something more/else than I JUST WANT TO GO BACK AND LEARN MORE!! Shouldn't I? We'll see.

Third exciting thing...you are reading the blog post of the Palestinian Affair Council f(or one of them)of Kuwait at the Michigan Arab League this February. I need some help on coming up with proposals, and I'll keep you posted! It's at Grand Valley sometime in February, so those of you who live near...COME!

Fourth...I'm repeat offending the Faith & International Development Conference--care to join me?

Fifth...I began reading this blog and you should too http://www.riverbendblog.blogspot.com/ I picked up this book in the library on Saturday called Baghdad Burning, and it is all excerpts from this Iraqi girl who has been blogging from Baghdad since August 2003. I'm only two months into reading her posts and have already been driven to tears, anger, happiness, nostalgia for Arab culture, etc. It's an emotional rollar coaster, and she really is a fabulous writer.

Sixth...I'm applying to jobs I am not nearly qualified for, and thinking about Tulane University for grad school---a Master's in Public Heatlth with a subject focus on Sustainable Development in Disasters and Crises...sounds great huh?

Who the flip knows what I'm going to do!!!?!?!? What about ya'll? Anything good on the horizon?

love you, miss you, can't wait to see you.
Mandy

No comments: