Thursday, October 25, 2007

Back to Cairo?

So I'm curious...who's thinking about applying for this ESL job or the female MESP intern? What other organizations are people applying to work at after graduation? I'm compiling my list of potential jobs and I'm just curious to see what you all are thinking. You know, you guys being very cool and globally-minded and such.

Agh...today I'm falling into the clutches of Seattle-winter-rainy blues...and maybe with a sprinkling of PMS on top, too. I think I'm going to treat myself to some serious chocolate and maybe watch a movie this afternoon. I totally took for granted how nice it was to have that much sunshine last fall in Cairo, even if you had to suffer dust and pollution and wormy cats along with it. It beats winter depression (and daylight savings hasn't even hit yet!)

Alissa

8 comments:

Jonathan Pinckney said...

I'm interested in the ESL job, though I'm also looking at a couple of other things, most prominently a refugee camp in Ghana, for right after graduation. And, like I said, I'm also thinking pretty seriously about the male internship for '09.

Becka said...

Alissa,

I am planning (as of now) on either hopefully getting a full time teaching job (like what Dena's roommate had) in Cairo or attending the AUC to hopefully do the refugee program along with some other stuff. I did apply for the ESL.

I have decided that if I will probably be going to graduate school next year so I am probably off to either Cairo or the UK. Anyone wanna come with me?

Kirsten said...

hey ya I'm definitely gonna be in Cairo doing something next year. I'm gonna get there like half way through June,and Tory says she might be in the peace corp or something so she might not be able to be my roomy for the summer, anyone else want to be? OK and I've been looking at a bunch of schools to teach at, that ESL thing that was just sent, and perhaps copy-editing or writing for english newspapers, supposedly there's a need for that. The more people in Cairo the better! I am so excited already!

Mandy said...

Mandy--intern (maybe) I think I will apply. Otherwise I might do Mission Year, so I'd be stateside for at least two years...or maybe I'll move to a hut in Venezuela and never be heard from again...all great possibilities!

crazyquaker08 said...

I am seriously looking at ESL in Cairo...one thing I am set on is not living in the US for a while and I am more likely to go to a location (ie Cairo) where I know people. Those of us going should consider living together mumkin?

Dena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dena said...

You could also check out The Arab League if you're interested. Jenna is currently doing an internship there (unpaid), and a couple of other former MESPers were there this summer. The internships are kind of a "work in progress", but they're a possibility. You can email Jenna at jennarae7@gmail.com if you want more details. (I haven't actually told her that I'm giving out her info, so you can tell her I sent you).

Anonymous said...

I'm pumped at how many people are planning to go to Cairo...having roommates or just some kind of ex-pat community there would make all the difference! Let's do it, hey?
A