Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Changes...(and Tupac)

yes, as Alissa so nicely alluded, things are changing in my life. The boy I talked about in a post a little over a month ago that asked me on a date b/c my views shocked him so much, is the same boy who asked me to be his girlfriend about a week ago. Brian and I are completely different in almost every sense of the word but we push each other. Have you ever had a friend like that? One that really questions your belief system, but in a loving inquisitive manner? I give him books to read about peace and the Middle East and he reads them. It's fantastic, really.

So I might have said ok to being his girlfriend. Some of you know how big of a step that really is for me. I have not been someone's 'girlfriend' in five years (to the week actually). I have a ton of learning to do and already I am being stretched. There are some BIG BIG BIG hindrances that are standing in our way, but we really feel like this is something we have to pursue and see where it goes. I don't know if any of you really wanted to know anything about this, but there it is. You all know me so well and some of you are probably rejoicing and some of you are mourning because you don't think I'm making the right decision and I welcome both responses. Know that I love each and every one of you and the weekend of the GruelKirk wedding I wished I was with you so often. I really REALLY want pictures and a synopsis of the wedding and weekend.

I love you all so much and have really been missing Egypt like crazy. What do ya'll think of Mandy applying for the intern position? Please be brutally honest. I welcome it with open arms.

Salaam.

5 comments:

Becka said...

WOW! Mabrouk! Mandy I must admit I don't think I ever would have guessed that you would date someone so different from yourself, BUT I think it sounds like it is wonderful for you! I do have a friend who has different views from me and questions me in a loving way. I have the better conversations with him than anybody else on campus! I think it's wonderful! Just don't ever forget who you are (which is something we must watch whether we date someone like us or different from us). You go girl.

Anonymous said...

You only get to apply to the intern position if I can come up with an excuse to move to Egypt, too, and we can be roommates. Whaddya say? : )
You would make a fantastic intern. The best, really. IMHO.
and I can't wait to actually *talk* to you!
mwah.
Alissa

Tory said...

hehehe...i thought so...

IF you decide to be intern (which I wholeheartedly support) I would come visit you. 'Cause I'll be over there...somewhere...yet to be determined.

I love you!

Kirsten said...

wow craziness, and def do the intern thing, you'd be amazing. I'll be there and I would love it if u were too!

Jonathan Pinckney said...

yes Mandy, I concur with everyone else, you should most definitely apply to be the intern. And...well, I've told a couple people, but I'm really seriously thinking about applying to intern too, so...that would mean you and I might get to intern for a semester together. And that would just be amazing. So yes, do it. You'd be amazing.