Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Bridge

Hey Everyone...
So, Unless you live in a box, you probably know that a huge bridge collapsed into the missisippi river in minneapolis yesterday. It so strange. That bridge is a half mile away from my house and I use it every single day to go to work and to school. I went over at 4:30 and it was gone at 6:05. It was strange because at 6:05 our power went out and I was so annoyed and complaining about it and then I started getting calls about the bridge, but had no idea what was going on becasue we had no power. Needless to say, I stopped complaining, but then we started hearing sirens like crazy and there was smoke all over the sky. Everyone I know is just fine but there were a lot of close calls. A HUGE part of our city is gone and it just feels strange to be here and know that I can't drive into or out of the city like normal....Anyway, thanks for those of you taht thought about Abbie and I and for those of you who didn't...well...I don't know....:)
Anyway, I miss you all and wish I was shopping for long skirts and stocking up on hair spray to go to cairo in a few weeks
Hope everyone is well!
Anna

4 comments:

Becka said...

Hey Anna,

It's so great to hear that you and your friends are alright. Praise be to God!

Becca

Matty said...

It is good to know that both you and Abbie are safe

Matt

Micah said...

Il-hamdu-li-llah!!!
I didnt know that you were going back to Cairo. Tell me more!

Tory said...

i've been praying for you guys a lot--i have a friend up here who's sister was ON the bridge when it collapsed--she's fine, but the...mortality of it all really shook us up over here. we never know what day's going to be our last. i just spent the last couple of weeks hiking the superior hiking trail on the north shore and i thought of both you and abbie (oh, i also re-met the nurse person who lived in jeremiah's porch--emma...and i remembered our wonderful time in the cities together!!!). hope you're doing well.

Tory