Saturday, August 25, 2007

Arab men and love

Okay, so does anyone remember the adorable little boy selling rocks in Petra or the camel man with a British accent at Petra? Well, my good friend happened to get to know them very well whenever she was studying in Israel....so well in fact, that she stayed with the family for some time and seems to have gotten very close to them! Crazy eh?!

Tonight I got to talk with her, and I heard a few of her stories. She worked in Ramallah for awhile, and she had a lot of interesting expiriences at the border.

It was great to hear her talk about things that we all had in common, but it was interesting to hear what she did since she had a lot more freedom.

See, the arab man with a British accent, it seems that they became very good friends. The mother of the little boy that some of us meet (he was the one who thought I was 12 or 13...his comment was the final one that made me decide to have my hair cut slightly in Jerusalem) was the woman who would hide behind the rock to keep from being seen. Well, my friend got to know her very well and spend time with her and the rest of the family! Amazing eh? It was interesting to hear of her encounters with Arab men as opposed to some of our encounters with Arab men...Anyways, I thought you all might find that story somewhat interesting. I hope that you are all doing well.

No comments: