Sunday, September 2, 2007

New year?

So school's about to start. Nothing much is changing in my life, I'm still working the same two jobs and living in the same place. All that happens is I have to go to class and more friends are here but they probably can't hang out cause they do homework and study and stuff, hehe.

I don't know about the rest of those of you in my boat (I think about half of us) that are graduating this year, but I definitely am already suffering massively from senioritis (and was last semester) before school's even started.

OK well I wanted to tell you about lthe last two weekends. Two weekends ago I was in Chicago and after a few train rides I got to see Alissa, Mandy, and Micah! It was crazy. We had a good chat and some coffee on Alissa' Dad, hehe. These people have been doing amazing things.

OK so then, last weekend I was in Boston helping my brother get settled before school started and I got to see Jon. Evidently I'm the first person he's seen from MESP since MESP, also crazy! But it was so great to see him too, and I got to see the infamous Gordon as well. We also discussed how the entire year next year should be a MESP reunion in Cairo and how awesome that would be. Who's in?

Also one of my Egyptian friends Marcus lives there. His family runs an Arabic church and he invited me and my family to come. I convinced my family to go (which is somewhat of a feat when it comes to church) and it was awesome. It was in this gorgeous Greek church that they rented and there were like 30 people in the congregation. The service was in English and Arabic, like they'd say the sentence in Arabic and then English, so we could understand (but that's not why they did it, they always do) and I could pick up some words like kinesa, la'a, etc. But anyway, then the entire church had to come up and introduce themselves so we were there for like 2.5 hours. As Marcus said, "you can come here and feel like you're in the Middle East, its 100 degrees and everyone speaks arabic." Hehe, it was true. It just reminded me once again that I really really miss it there. You guys would've loved this church though.

And Phil's back! I accosted him outside the bookstore, hehe. AND I finally got the email from Dr. Dave which is one of the most hilarious things I have ever read, but in the most awesome way possible. So there have been a lot of MESP related people and places in my life the last few weeks, yay.

OK so anyway I miss you all lots, I don't think I can go to the wedding, which sucks, but I hope I see some more of you sometime soon!

No comments: