Thursday, March 29, 2007

Greetings from Indiana

Hello my friends, in case you couldn't tell from the picture, this is Margie. One of the long lost MESP friends. Like everyone else, life is crazy, and from here on out it will be a sprint to finish this college thing. Some changes/highlights of my life. My hair is gone (see above), my nose piercing came to a tragic end (and despite x-rays I'm convinced I have a metal ball in my nose), I finally start spring break tomorrow, and I've decided to look at going to graduate school next year. This end of college thing isn't all I had hoped it would be. Instead of the excitment and relief I had expected, I instead am feeling dread and fear. I'm sure it will all be fine, but I'm going to miss these people and this life that I have very few financial responsibility. Dang.

In other news, I love my Modern Middle East class. My prof is a fomer State Dept. official in Baghdad and while teaching about the Arab-Israeli conflict he jokingly says "I hope there aren't any Christian Zionists here" and being at a conservative Christian school and a class of 50, I'm pretty sure some people are offended and I love it. I have a test tomorrow about the conflicts, and I love that I don't have to be too worried about studying. Don't get me wrong, I learn a lot in that class, but when it comes to papers and tests, I feel ahead of the gang. We also had a Muslim man from Notre Dame come a few weeks ago to my senior seminar class to talk about peace and inter-faith dialouge. I fell in love with him, and I think my class was really suprised at how loving and great he was.

That's about all for now, no funny stories or dramatic news, but I am still alive and miss you all. Peace and love,

Margie

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Margie!! How the heck are you? I have missed you - I think about you and how I should e-mail you but this is the best I can do. ;-) Hey, have you been able to get in contact with Amani at all? I e-mailed her but got nothing back so I'll probably start looking into a calling card so I can call them. Anyway, I miss you Margie and I'm glad you posted! Love ya!

Abbie

molly said...

there you are margie! i wondered what the heck happened to the one who created this whole blog thing. good to hear you are still alive. ;)

Tory said...

margie! what the heck happened to your nose ring?!?! that's tragic. my nose and i have been through quite a bit of drama myself, but thus far i'm prevailing. i miss you and hope you're doing well!