Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hurray at last

So here I am back again. I do realize that it has been a while but what can I say I procrastinate. Actually the real reason is that I finally have news and it's good. I got accepted in the Peace Corps. I will be leaving in August or September and will be going to Eastern Europe/Central Asia teaching English. Is that not the coolest thing ever. I worked four months to get a job that doesn't pay. My dad was thrilled about that (sarcasm). Anyway it means that I don't have to worry about getting a real job for at least another two or three years which is very exciting.
In other news I am on vacation this week with a friend and her three little kids. Yup, thats me playing with kids all day long. We went shopping and swimming all day. I have to admit that though kids in general are not my thing being an aunt (in name only) is pretty cool. You don't have to deal with any of the horrid stuff but I get to spoil them rotten. Their mom is loving me to death! We are going to a movie tonight. I really can't wait for that (sarcasm again). Can you really imagine me playing all day with a 6, 4, and 2 year old? Yeah, me neither but it is fun anyhoo.
The house I am building for my parents (the reason I came home in case you missed it) is going well. We almost have the downstairs done. Not the most exciting thing ever but that is about all I do besides read. Hey have a great day!

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Congratulations! It's really great that you made it in with the Peace Core.

Mandy said...

Mabruuk Sarah!! You'll be great in that region!! I'm glad you've figured something out! =) Love.

ps. I love that you're playing with kids right now!