Monday, March 12, 2007

Sounds of Egypt

A few days ago, we had a HUGE snowstorm. Everything shut down... which doesn't happen very often in Iowa. When the snow settled, the plows began their work. It is sort of silly, but the sound of the plows scraping on the asphalt reminded me of the call to prayer. The loud echoing moan from the plow blades brought me back to Agouza in a heartbeat.
I also have found on Facebook an "Arabic Music Fan Club." Sweet stuff.
In other news, I am faring a lot better. I'm still frustrated with God, but I am beginning to feel at peace about it. About a week ago, I felt a wave of peace rush over me. I finally felt that God was near and that he was listening to me. It is quite precious, having some one listen to you. If you find a friend who actually listens to you, stick with them. Such friends are more precious than almost anything else.
Peace