Tuesday, May 15, 2007

and its almost over...

so since I have to finish a paper, I instead was looking at every single one of my facebook photo albums from last semester. I started tearing up in the middle of johnny's (our cafe/student union thing). I miss you guys all so much, and I miss the middle east so much. I'm so sick of how ridiculously protected and devoid of adventures my life here is. I'm sick of things that people say and the way people do things and the way that everyone expects that they'll be safe and in control of everything and have to be so flippin perfect at everything, etc.

I went to lebanese food with a couple friends tonight, I got schwerma and it was nothing like what we had, but pretty good. We had falafel sandwiches for appetizer too, and those were more like what I was used to. But then that just made me sad too.

I'm in my last couple days of finals. As I told you all, I'm basically in love with someone ok maybe that's a bit of an exageration. As only a couple of you know, and now all of you, he's Egyptian, and he's going to Boston to work and then home to Cairo for the summer. Sucks cause he's a friend too and one of the few people that seems to understand me (we can talk about Egypt and Shakespeare and family and religion, anything). So basically I'm kinda wallowing in self-pity because the year's coming to an end and I'm not ready (for several reasons, not just aforementioned one) and I'm still writing this freakin paper (Phil and I both have to write a 15-20 page paper on a subject in classical literature, although he fooled me today into thinking his was already 20 pages single spaced, argh!)

I'm going home for a week where I'll get to see very few of my highschool friends and then I'm going to Ireland with my family for two weeks to discover my heritage. haha. That's a load of crap. Molly, if you read this, do you have any tips/stupid things I can try to dissuade my mom from seeing?

So anyway, this summer I think I'll be in Chicago for sure probably a few times, most likely in Boston at the end of august helping my brother move in (not stalking this dude, as some people have insinuated, he's not even gonna be there) and perhaps in Washington D.C. Anybody with me for any of those? I seem to recall Micah will be in Chicago, Jon in Boston, and Phil in D.C., anyone else gonna be around there?

luv u all. I think its crazy some of you are gradumatated and freakin getting married! David, u would go on a random road trip to Georgia, I wish I could've gone.

2 comments:

Jonathan Pinckney said...

we must hang out when you come here in August...we can smoke hookah together!

molly said...

ohh ireland! oh i loved it there. hmmm. everything i saw was fantastic...although i had just come from egypt so the scenary was all very thrilling. one thing: i thought the blarney stone was a bit dissapointing. the castle itself was neat and the grounds too, but the stone was rather unimpressive. anyway...its a beautiful country (although not that different from my own state...just add a few ruined castles, some little stone fences and a lot more sheep). hope you can enjoy it!