Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Back to the woods...

So in light of the fact that I have a buttload of homework, I decided to procrastinate a bit and let you guys know that my summer plans are finalized (thanks for writing my rec. forever ago Dena!!!). In less than a month I will be heading back to the Northwoods of Wisconsin to lead 2-3 week backpacking/canoe trips for high school kids. Far from the crowded and trashy streets of Cairo, but beautiful just the same. I'm praying that my time in the wilderness will provide me with a place where I can finally rest and be at home. Insha'allah. Basically four straight months of camping--no tents, no electricity, no solid walls--just me, my group, and God...what could be better? Anyway I'd love to know all your guys' plans for the not-shitta. I don't remember the Arabic word for Summer, but I remember Winter. Hmm...In other news, life is going well. We have our big water polo tournament this weekend...finals in a week...head home for the first time since August...meh. Not much news, I just wanted to say hi and let you guys know that I think about you a lot and love you more. Peace. See you at Julia's wedding. Or Matt and Suzannah's. Crazy life.

No comments: