Thursday, April 5, 2007

What was I thinking?

So I have really started to think about what going into the Peace Corps means. When I applied it was really just something to do that might be fun, I never really thought I would get in. Now that I am in I am beginning to realize that I am crazy and can never, ever do this!!!!!! I am honestly freaking out!! We are talking about the girl who flunked basic Arabic trying to learn a whole new language in 3 months. After that 3 months I won't be speaking English for 2 years. I realize that this is me just venting but I am worried. People keep telling me it will be alright but you all know that I am not that impressive when it comes to things like language and teaching. Help, I am feeling very unequipped for this whole Peace Corps thing. Do you realize that have to go through 3 months of 10 hours a day training just so they can take up into some remote village and leave me all by myself? Oh, woah is me!
On top of all this doubt, I have actually been thinking, not something I do much but I thought I would try a little. Anyway I came up with all these questions about faith and God and life in general. I can't really talk about them because it just causes fights at home and with friends. I think this has been my biggest problem since coming home. There is no one who really knows how I have changed and they don't really want to know cause it makes them uncomfortable.
So basically, life is one big worry fest with me at the middle. The sad part though is, I don't even know if I should be worrying about these things in the first place. Ick, how can life be so good and so hard at the same time. I just want everything to be perfect.
There are good things in my life right now too but they are boring and not worth noting because this is all about me pouting!

1 comment:

molly said...

oh sara how i love you! yes, too bad about the whole istanbul thing. i was counting on you to set up residence there so i could come learn turkish with you...but eastern europe might do. ;) sounds a little intense. sigh. want to become a nomad with me instead? and wander the earth to our hearts content?