Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Back from Cyprus

Hello MESP friends! I'm happy that some of you are sharing through this blog! I'll send those who haven't joined a little reminder that they're missing out.

Like the tiltle said, I'm back from Cyprus and it already feels like it was some sort of weird dream. Cyprus is beatiful and the Northern part where I was mostly is a combination culturally of Tukey and the US. It was weird. Most of the Cypriot nationals I met were Azerbaijani or Iranian or Turkish. I spent a lot of time on the beach, whether by myself or with the girl I stayed with and her friends. All of the people I met this weekend called me "Cairo" because they couldn't remember my name. I secretly loved it. I didn't die while driving my rental car on the left side of the road, although I clipped my left side mirror (shhh).

Now I'm back it flat 2, which is rather quiet, but Dena and I have plans, so don't feel sorry for me. Matt Gruel and I leave for the US on that same 3:45 am flight this coming morning and after a day and a half of travelling, I'll be home like you.

Sorry I can't post pictures, the internet today is mish kwayyis. Have a great day friends and know that Cairo misses you!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Margie! I am so glad to hear you had a good trip - what the heck did you do to your rental car? I want to hear all about your trip, so whenever you can, write about it and send pictures. I miss you Margie, and I hope you get home safely! Love ya!

Abbie