Sunday, December 24, 2006

My "joyous" evangelical Christmas Eve experience

Today, at church, I exploded. I was having a nice discussion with my dad about the respect that the Orthodox show during their services as opposed to western Christians, when a man came up to us and asked us if we would be returning tonight. I said I did not know (it is painful to hear the music at this church, and I am guessing tonight will be all music. EKE. Kill me now). He then said that I should come back. Let them in. Jesus will heal my pain and stop my tears. (I kid you not. word for word.) Then he tried to brush the hair out of my face (you know kind of like how they do in romantic love stories). I ofcourse gave him a nasty look and recoiled. He conintued on with his retoric AS IF I AM NOT EVEN A CHRISTIAN. Me being the idiot with no self control stormed out of the church. During which the pastor tried to touch my back!!!! Since when do middle aged men that I do not know think that they have a f-ing god given right to touch me?! So I got even more angry, and I stupidly and rudely took it out on my parents. Thank God I have kind parents, but still, I think I have caused them a lot of pain (no matter how many times I apologize for how rudely I acted). Then my mom explained that what the man did was probably the only witnessing he has ever done in his entire life. Damn it. The poor man tries and gets me as a first failed attempt. Poor guy. Now, I actually feel bad for him. Then my dad reminded me of how this church is trying everything they can. Any suggestions as to what I should do? Should I return to the church? Should I tell the pastor (who is vainly trying to befriend me) why I was so upset by it?
Becca

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I would let him know why ur upset at least