Sunday, December 31, 2006

"insert witty title here"

Wow. i had no idea so many people were writing on here! i can't tell you what a relief it has been reading all of your stories just now. i should have looked at this earlier. anyway, i miss you all and decided i really ought to write a little something myself. tonight is the first time it has actually hit me that Egypt is over. sad. ireland was great! i met a Palestinian man there who was just visiting for two weeks. he was working in the kris kringle bazaar selling authentic food from bethlehem. AKA: Filafal!!! i talked with him quite a bit which was amazing and helped my two trips feel somewhat connected. Major Culture Shock: walking into the city center of dublin and being sucked into the crowds of Christmas shoppers. bright lights. sparkling stores. high heels and leather jackets...and good lord those short skirts! i could almost feel the money floating through the air and it made me sick. i literally became extremely dizzy and had to stop in the middle of the throng. people kept bumping into me and giving me the "she's not all there" look. i had to stare up at the sky for a few minutes before i was finally able to get my bearings. that beautiful blue sky. the same sky. egypt, ireland, the u.s. i don't really know how to explain. it was eery. right. so anyway, home is good. home is busy. home is home...but somehow i kind of wish it was egypt. the end.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Molly! Where have you been all my life? I am so glad to hear that Ireland went well. I miss you Molly - you should e-mail me and let me know how you are doing. I love you.

Abbie