Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Da Bulls

Two days after arriving in Chicago, I went to a Bulls game. Prior to the game, there was a game between Calvin and Trinity at the United Center. Calvin beat Trinity by ten points. It was wierd seeing so many tall blond dutch people. There were actually people taller than me, somthing that I havent seen in months! While blended in pretty well with these people, I would have acutally felt more at home in a crowd of 5'6" Arab men. Strange.
However, the story gets better. Somthing amazing happened at the Bulls game. By providence, a certain young woman sat next to me. It ends up that she graduated from Dordt in 2000. Furthermore, she went on the Middle East Studies Program in 1998!!!!!!! I had been sitting in my seat, in desperate need of someone to talk to who could understand perfectly what had happened to me... and God provided. In my eyes, it was nothing short of a miracle. I talked to her for the rest of the game about life in Egypt.
Micah

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Yay Calvin! Although sad ur the first person I've heard this from. That's really great about the fellow MESPer too, lucky u!