Monday, February 19, 2007

Arabic is too hard!

So I was really excited and really proud of myself becuase I signed up for this community education Arabic class on wednesday nights. I went for two weeks and it was a nice little time of reminicing, except all of the words were different. Basicly, I decided that the only way that I can effectively learn Arabic is with Nahed by my side, so I decided not to go anymore. But at least I tried... it was fun while it lasted. A few weeks ago I took this girl, Dameka, that I tutor once a week to an Egyptian resturant that I really wanted to try. When I told her this weekend taht I went back there without her to get some hummus she got all mad and told me I could only go there with her. It was pretty cute, coming from a sassy 12 year old pubessent girl that doesn't like anyone in her life, or at least that's what she wants everyone to think. So we went and got some babaganuj and it was AMAZING! I would say even better than what I tasted in Agouza. I was impressed. I keep brining my friends there, so I am convinced that they love me.
Oh, and for my teaching experience this semester I'm at this urban school, sixth grade, with this jerk teacher, who thinks he knows everything about everything... but the kids are great. There is one Iraqi girl in there named Mariam and she was trying to explian why she didn't think the US should have anything to do with Iraq, and my jerk teacher just started ripping into her about how its our job to help everyone, especially when oil is involved and she jsut sunk back into her chair... poor thing. I wanted to go over to her and say Ana Asfa...Mumkin howwa ass hole! (I know thats not how to really say it, but I don't k now and it would get the point across). but I didn't think that would be appropriate, but she's my favorite student and I like to think that we're friends.

No comments: