Monday, February 26, 2007

No I'm not engaged

But it was fun to see people's reactions. I think you all deserve to hear the full story so here it is:

Diana and I work at the computer Help Desk at Asbury. We have a very interesting staff at the Help Desk and in Information Services in general. We're a close knit bunch, like a family (these are the same people I work for that I told you were Orthodox and I now attend church with). Well while I was gone they adopted a new policy of asking student workers for their blog sites and reading their blogs. This lead to a few rather humorous interactions.

Before I left for Egypt Laura and Jordan (two student employees) were dating. The Jordan broke up with Laura. Laura posted on her blog site that it was really weird that Jordan broke up with her and was now dating her best friend. My boss Bert read this and assumed that Laura's best friend was Diana. Bert then went down to confront Diana about this who got a big kick out of it.

Well over Christmas break Diana wrote a fictional blog post, that was labeled fiction, in which she talks about being engaged to a guy she hardly knows. She's quite the writer and was just writing it for fun. Well my boss' boss Paul (the IS manager) read it (you can read it if you like) and assumed that it was real and congratulated her. Later he realized that it may not be real and had Bert go and ask her if it were real or not.

Well a few weeks ago Diana and I started dating and we thought it would be fun to intentionally mess with our bosses' heads, mainly Bert though. We initially did this by not announcing to many people we were together, not changing our status on facebook or elsewhere, etc. It was really fun, some days you could tell he was wondering if we were together, but was afraid to ask due to past mistakes and other days we had him wholly convinced that he was imagining things.

What many of you witnessed was the last step in this game of mental cat and mouse where we faked an engagement. We even when out and got a fake ring, fake pictures, and made up fake stories (my story is on facebook her's is here: http://didims7.wordpress.com/2007/02/26/dreams/).

So anyway it was fun to mess with my bosses, but we are not engaged and won't be anytime in the near future. Hope I didn't mess with your heads too much!

No comments: