Friday, February 2, 2007

International Realtions: Political Topics: Terrorism Studies

I signed up for this class thinking that it would be good for me. What a great topic to study after returning from the Mid. East! Wrong! The professor is rather unbiased, but I often feel like vomiting (literally) after exiting the classroom. Today, I wanted to run away.
A person was speaking on how he opposes the death sentence, but he agrees with torture! I am sitting thinking...this kind of makes sense after all, why kill people if we can keep them a live and torture them? Yes, yes, this would be much better!
I so wish I could let you all listen to the class and hear your reactions. Lately we have been talking about what goes off (or switches) within a person that makes them actually commit a terrorist act.
Let's just say it has been interesting, and I often find myself unable to communicate anything that I am thinking. I stutter, and I am rendered speechless at the ridiculous beliefs that are expressed in this class! I miss you all very much. I hope those of you who are going to the conference have fun and stay safe!
Becca

1 comment:

molly said...

becka i love you! and it makes me laugh to hear your stories of being rendered speechless. ha! sorry. i miss you and the level of passion you display for everything! you are so great :)