Friday, February 9, 2007

awkwardness is my life

OK well...

So did anyone see the thing I sent u on facebook? It was Jerusalem going freakin crazy. That complex by the dome of the rock was like covered in ppl running and stun grenades and the IDF running around trying to round ppl up and old men being carried out, etc. There was a little angry arabic too. If not, here's the link. Its so weird, we were just there and it looks like everything's just crazy, but I guess its "resolved" now.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/02/09/jerusalem.clashes/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

So about my life being awkward. Micah somewhat created an awkward situation with the guy I like/liked because for some odd reason he ended up staying on his floor here and then talking to him and evidently this guy knows all about me liking him. Haha. So I was kinda freakin out about how I was gonna talk to him about this so we weren't awkward around each other from then on. However, I guess Micah actually convinced him to talk to me (so go Micah) and so we were set to smoke hookah at my house, haha, but then it was too cold (my roommate make us smoke outside), so we just talked instead, and I think things are ok, but I was too awkward to bring up this whole awkward thing. I'm pretty sure I was putting out just friendly vibes though, haha...

So ya, that's awkwardness of my life number 1.

Akwardness number two. I spilled this whole story plus my whole life story to my boss yesterday, and my new freshman co-worker I'd known for like three days. But my boss is freakin persistent and just so freakin easy to talk to. But anyway he now knows like my entire childhood story, the fact that I'm 20 and I drink (ocassionally), this whole weird situation, and all about my parents. Kinda weird, but kinda cool and liberating. Anyway, I love my job. I work like 15 hrs a week and basically we just goof around. I had a good conversation last night with one of my new coworkers (he actually asked about higabs!) while we sat at a desk for three hours and got paid. This job also involves going to the dining hall at least once a day for free, pretty sweet.

Awkwardness number three, probably the funniest. Today I was early to Doctrine of Christ class. I was looking around the room and realized that there was a poster with arabic on the wall that I'd never realized before. So then I was trying to read the poster, staring at it intently, it looked like "ilsbay" in the middle...And then I hear, "do you have a problem?!" in this really angry kind of tone. My eyes then snap to the guy that's sitting kind of below the poster, looking very angrily at me. I was like, "ah, no I was trying to read the poster...I'm sorry, that must've been really creepy, I'm really sorry." I'm turning bright red at this point, and most of the class has come in during the time I was staring at the poster. He's like, "it looked like you were just staring at me." So freakin awkward! I was staring for like three minutes too. AHHH!

So ya, my life is kinda awkward and I'm confused about what I believe and what kind of purpose my life has, like Micah I guess, but for some reason I'm still so darn happy all the time. I find myself uncontrollably smiling quite a lot and just being amazed at how beautiful life is and how lucky I am for so many reasons. You guys are one huge big reason, or should I say 25 big reasons. Luv u all

1 comment:

Becka said...

HAHA Kirsten I Love you!!!!!!! I can so relate to your awkwardness!!!!! it makes me smile to hear that someone else is having similar awkward situations!!! I hope things get less awkward for you though!!!!