Saturday, January 27, 2007

Me, Speechless...

Okay, so we all know there is one thing that I am really good at, and that is talking. I can talk for hours. I can argue with just about anyone about anything. I love it. It's bad.
Well, tonight for the first time. I was rendered completely speechless. I had nothing to say. Even more interesting is that it happened four or five times. I could say anything other than... But, but ohh....but. Yes, the same person did it all four or five times.
My dear flatmates, I am sure know, that this flustered me, so I came back home and cleaned. This still has not helped (maybe that is because my apartment is not yet clean...).
I was asking this young man about Middle Eastern politics etc. He kept reminding me that I focus to much on the politics. He said "you should not be consumed at the politics, and then looking at Christ. Instead, you should be consumed in Christ and then looking at the politics."
Now, an evening that I was hoping was going to help me process, is instead, an evening that I am trying to process. Tonight, I could not argue. I could not reply. I could only mumble my way through things. I do not think that it helps, that tonight was the first time I looked a guy straight in the eyes for a prolonged conversation since returning home.
So, I hope this makes you laugh. I hope you enjoy it. masalama

2 comments:

Tory said...

hahaha!!! be-kaaah, i love you so much and i would love to see you speechless. it was probably good for you. oh dear, i miss you bunches and hope things are going well!

Bryan said...

That's some cool insite from that guy. Thanks for sharing it with us!