Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What not to do after graduation

Gosh, it sounds like everyone is having a time, some better than others. It has been a while since I wrote but the reason for that is I have been to busy doing really important things like..., well I know I have been doing something. Life is going well. My poor mom keeps calling me and asking if I will come home. I may be bored but not crazy, yet.
This morning (and by morning I mean 3pm cause I don't actually get up until noon) I was looking through all my pictures and starting some really cool albums that will most likely never get done but they are fun to start. I was also looking at all the great music I stole from my sweet flat mates. I guess what I was doing was missing you all a lot but it sounds like I am not alone in that feeling.
So on to my life cause lets just be honest that is the most important part of this post. Well Christmas was great. I got a watch, which I never wear but it looks pretty sitting on the dresser. My sister loved her hooka and other stuff and my poor parents don't actually believe they will ever get their things (wonder why?). So really the whole Christmas thing was kind of boring but nice. How can you go wrong with apple and pumpkin pie?
New Years on the other hand was far from boring. I got to go partying with a bunch of grad students. Actually the coolest part of the evening was watching my sister get "slightly drunk" and start dancing. My sister does not dance. Then there was my friend who started randomly making out with a girl/hooker. He was a bit smashed. Lets just say there was a lot of drinking, dancing and falling over. It seems as though that is what most of my outings include. It might have something to do with the group I hang out with. Fun people but they can't comprehend that fun can be done while sober. I am trying but they are slow learners.
I have made it through all three seasons of Veronica Mars. You laugh now but wait until you are stuck in a small apartment with nothing to do and no people to speak with. I did make an excursion into the great blue yonder the other day. It ended with me laughing hysterically at some poor person who kept trying to say either "hello" or "my dog's name is happy". I couldn't quite make it out. Walking in this country can create interesting situations and if you think the cars in Cairo are bad try walking on the bike path here. Scary.
So, to sum up my life, I get up at 12 or 3 then look for jobs then watch Veronica Mars. On the weekends I go to bars and watch people do stupid things (doing a few myself but we will leave those out) and get drunk. In between I make forays into Israeli culture and usually wind up laughing so hard I cry then people think I am crazy, which may not be far from the truth.
In reality, I am doing well but I miss you guys like crazy. I am praying for you all as school starts again and your lives become filled with homework and trying to find meaning to the world in college life. I don't envy you life in the US but I do envy you life in general. Be good people and pray for me.

1 comment:

molly said...

i love you sara!!! i was just looking at our turkey hike pictures the other day and it made me sad. where are you when i need someone to throw leaves at and dance around singing the sound of music??? and yes, i will be good and pray for you...i hope you find a job!