Wednesday, January 10, 2007

quick little update

Hey Everyone... so I spoke in chapel at my High School on Tuesday. I think it went fairly well, I ended up showing pictures of people like my host family, Kareem, and Abuna Chacour. I talked a little about their lives and a little bit about religious questions I am dealing with. When chapel was finished I had a few guys come up to me ask me questions about Islam and Muslims. It was incredible...first of all they actually listened and they asked question. Oh it was such an encouragement. I am going back tomorrow to answer questions from a Current Issues class, I am very excited.
I ran into a friend of mine from highschool who has studied abroad in quite a few places and so it has been really nice talking with him and just processing different ideas and emotions. Oh man, guys a friend of mine left for MESP yesterday morning and I was so jealous. I don't think I would mind if God just decided to rewind the past couple months so that it was August 30th again.
I miss you guys a lot...seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's so cool that you got the opportunity to speak there, and that you got a good response. How did you set that up? Did old teachers invite you to do that?
Alissa