Friday, January 19, 2007

Out dated update

I wrote this blog a while back when I couldn't figure out how to log into the blog:

So today was a terrifying day. I stood in front of my advisor’s desk and had to decide how to write what to do for my 25-30 page thesis research paper. After about 40 minutes things got worked out and now the process has begun. The stress has melted away and now all I have to do is find a 2nd reader, figure out how to do the research, write the paper, go to 5 meetings, make a bibliography, do research, fit it in my schedule, and hope for the best. Exciting. The fear of the unknown is much greater than many other things but now there’s checklist boxes awaiting checks in them.

At school I have highs and lows, sometimes I feel that it’s lonely being back and other times when I get to meet up with long lost friend’s I feel invigorated. It’s fun seeing people that genuinely are happy to see you’re back. So apparently college students in the Western hemisphere received some type of pheromones in which case everyone is getting engaged and/or are getting married in the next 6 months. I noticed this trend from a sample of the population at my campus and it’s freaking weird. Also for the seniors out there, isn’t it strange to be the “cool” person now on campus. It's like I'll say hi to someone and they'll say hi back, whoa. Crazy. Also, I'm taking statistics this semester, so if my vocabulary sounds weird, it's because I've been resisting being brainwashed from variables.

Right now I’m living in the lower classmen dorms and my room seems very close to the outside major power lines. I can hear a low hum frequency sometimes in my dorm, so that motivates me to not hang around too much. Classes are going well, I have a quiz on Friday for my math class and am going on a retreat this weekend to be a sponsor for a sophomore retreat. I’m actually getting paid money to go, it’s a beautiful thing.

So that's the outdated stuff, currently I'm in the process of continuing to learn the guitar and study etc. People ask me what I want to do now in life after I graduate and I don't know what to tell them. I'm going to start looking for jobs in February.

Also, I'm heading to D.C and NY for Spring Break, if anyone is in that direction let me know.

Peace

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

i hear u about the pheremones, freakin weird!