Monday, January 22, 2007

Running

I have not written in a very long time. This is because I do not know what to say, nor do I think it will make a difference. Coming back into the American culture has been depressing to say the least. I have been confronted with ignorance, racism, oppression (yes, oppression in America...ooo), materialism, and the list goes on and on. I have been blessed by being surrounded by people who want to listen to me most the time, but I am also confronted with idiots. American society is lonely...I keep on wondering...where are all of the people. I miss my friends that went on the trip with me terribly. They were my family, my church and my friends, and now, they are no where near me. I do not like this place. People keep on telling me what an asset I am to their class, yet I feel insignificant and dumb.
I have been running from all that happened last semester. Now, I am having the same issues thrown back into my face, and I am having to face all that I have been running from.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Hey Rebecca! I am sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time at school. Sorry I did not e-mail you or contact you sooner. I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I am thinking about you. Thanks for your honest blog - I appreciate knowing what is going on in your life. Anyway, e-mail me or I'll e-mail you, okay? Love ya!

Abbie

Becka said...

OOPS...I actually meant to post that on my other blog, so if it seems strange that I am writing to an unknown party, that is why. Anyways...I miss you to Abbie!!!